Monday, September 18, 2006

Man Utd 0 - 1 Arsenal

Hah!!

What a match! The last 20 minutes was unbelieveable. In the last 20 minutes, Arsenal played the way a champion should play. Full of energy, full of desire.

Jens Lehmann. The majestic tower behind a makeshift back four. The save against Ronaldo and the full stretch save against Solsjaer- magnificent.

Kolo Toure. He was obviously not fit but his performance today was heroic. I may be a minority here but I believe that Kolo and Jens are more important than Thierry. We just can't afford to be without both of them!! And I do believe that Kolo will make a great captain.

Of course the other players were superb too. Rosicky in particular was our most dangerous player. You have to admire Adebayor for his workrate even if you find him a bit frustating at times. And he did score THAT goal!!

Well I am sure others will give all the detail and analysis and there is no need for me to talk too much. I just want to enjoy this win.

Getting the first three points at Old Trafford; what else can you ask for??!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YEah! nice revenge for them ending our unbeaten run at 49.

Diff is we stopped them at 4..hee

1:36 AM  
Blogger phoenix chix said...

It would not be this sweet if we won by penalty. Glad to see how the lads fought till the last minutes. Great mentality =D

The difference is also the fact that they played football last Sunday. No ugly tackles whatsoever. Credit to Man Utd for that. =)

10:07 AM  
Blogger SgGooner said...

Yo Chix, you joining us at the Elizabeth for the Sheffield Utd game? Try to if you can. Then you'll get to see what the atmosphere is like and sign up for the Arsenal Singapore membership.

12:43 AM  
Blogger phoenix chix said...

Hey mate.. thanks for asking!

Yes I would love to. But I will not be back to SG till October 2nd. I will come down to the Elizabeth and join you when I return then?

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home