Sunday, November 05, 2006

WHU 1:0 Arse

I am not happy that we lost. I don't think we deserve to lose. I am not happy with some of Alan Pardew's dirty players. I am not happy with Rob Styles, yes THAT WAS A PENALTY! Geez I even blame the pitch because I somehow feel that our players were not really comfortable tonight.

But to tell you the truth.. I think Wenger was being a bad loser there. I am sorry mate. He is, after all, the manager. The fans could go berserk, the players could too, but not the manager. I understand that he is so damn frustated but that's not the way man. I know Pardew might have gone over the top with his celebration. He too is guilty for that. But surely he is somewhat entitled to after his team's poor run this season. This win could be the one that save his job after all.

Pardew has come out to apologise to Wenger despite Wenger refusing to shake his hand. Pardew of course know that the ref was a joke and his players were kicking us out of the park. I hope Wenger will be graceful enough to say something that would repair their relationship. I don't see the reason to make enemy with such a decent manager. I wouldn't bother if it's Big Sam.

Anyway.. I don't remember seeing Wenger in such state. I don't think I have ever seen him losing it in such fashion.

So I can only assume that he is really angry now. I can only hope that his team will come back stronger, against Liverpool.

Arsenal could have won the last three games had Bobby Pires played. We could have won too had the old Freddie played. Henry misses Pires' run into the box and the team misses the old Freddie's run into the box.

But tonight.. I realise that there is another thing that we miss.

We could have won tonight had Parlour, Petit, and Vieira played. Harewood would not have scored if Adams and co. were playing. There is no way Dixon would suffer Flamini's fate.
We miss the type of players who could scare the opponents, making them think twice before they decide to play it hard.

I realise that you cannot have everything. There is no perfect player. Henry will not get red cards or nasty injuries but neither would he battle it out the way Rooney would.

This third generation team that Wenger assembles is full of technically gifted players. But they don't have enough character. And they don't stand up for their teammates. I am tempted to go on and get to the point where I think Henry does not deserve his captain armband but well.. we are all frustated now so let's just give it a rest.

This team will bounce back. They will learn and they will fight back.

1 Comments:

Blogger SgGooner said...

Phoenix, your emotions and reactions mirror mine. But let's not dwell on our ex-heros. I'd look into the future. This team is the future and they've lost only two games. Chel$ki too.

I'm sure the lads will turn this anger into something explosive. Think 49 unbeaten after pizza-gate.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home